Labels
- Accra (7)
- Africa (4)
- Atta Mills (1)
- China (1)
- Cities (1)
- Election 2012 (3)
- Energy (1)
- Floods (1)
- Ghana (8)
- Ghana Voices Series (1)
- Golden Baobab (1)
- Golden Baobab Prize 2013 (1)
- poetry (9)
- politics (2)
- Pollution (1)
- President Mills (1)
- Search Hero (1)
- Transport (1)
- Writers (6)
Search This Blog
Friday, 16 August 2013
Cosmic Pandering - A Poem
A poem I wrote together with Dela, aka Efo Dela. I had begun to write a poem, and he genuis-ly picked up on each line and continued. The result was this poem.
You can follow him on Twitter: @Amegaxi. But please, be warned. He can be wretched.
So here we go--->
No rhyme or reason
No time or season
I saw death. All of it. And it was me
I felt life's breath, felt its heat, please let me be
But the shadow remain. Fearful and brunt
The hollow expands. Hopeless and blunt
Deep within the rubbles. In the trenches of your heart
High above these castles, in its crevices let your soul start
It is lost. For death has no heart
It is the cost. For life has no cast
And turning nature's head. Twist it backwards
And sleeping in destiny's bed, there's something we move towards
Yet to every step. Distorting nature. You pay with balance
13 December 2012
Osu, and elsewhere on Twitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
"I would be quite satisfied if my novels (especially the ones i set in the past) did no more than teach my readers that their past - with all its imperfections - was not one long night of savagery from which the first Europeans acting on God's behalf saved them from."
Morning Yet on Creation Day, 1975. Chinua Achebe.
2 comments:
Haha!! What sort of warning is that u put above the poem?
I'm a perfectly nice and loveable person. ����
*clapping*
Post a Comment